Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Google and SCAM!! Thought it was LIGIT!!

I fell for this because of Googles rep. Thought it was ligit. I was ***. Cancelled my credit card and cancelled my membership with Google Profit Library. The number I called was 1-800-440-4397.Concerned about the literature that is being sent out. It was part of the package. I'll cancel that when it arrives. Google needs to do something about this! Their name should NOT be used in any part of this. That's the only reason I thought it was LIGIT!! So extremely TORKED!!!!I'm going to try and contact customer service at Google and ask them if they are taking measures against the SCAM!!

Hello,

If there was some confusion about your subscription, we honestly didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way.  Our goal is not to inconvenience our customers .The terms and conditions of our offer are very visible on the order page, they are stated on the order page where you confirm your order, located directly to the top of where your credit card information was entered. There is also a link at the top of the home page that opens up the terms and conditions in a separate window. Customer service is our number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with all of our customers. Of course, mistakes can be made; and if you were not aware of our terms and conditions in our site.

You can talk to customer support seven days a week. Our U.S.-based help lines are also staffed each and every day of the week to respond to any questions you may have both before and after your order. Simply call us at 866-481-8192 and we will be happy to walk you through the entire cancellation process.

Google Profit Library scam

I fell for this scam tonight when i opened AOL and saw the web site on the AOL business front page, so I thought it was legit. After i sent the credit card number and all my info, i happened to find out that this scam has about 5 other companies piggy backing off of them who get the chance to use our personal financial information, and i learn that each of these other unknown companies state they are going to begin deducting $79.95 every month from the bank card i provided to google. I am disabled, recently found out that I have a life threatening disease and had to stop my work of 30 years. Because of that I have been trying to find a way that I can work from home to pay my bills and survive until my disability case goes through. So, the idea that google would allow this pyramid type scam to represent them, and have all these mysterious companies use there name to seem legitamate, I am so disappointed. My husband is overseas and we have many medical bills that are not covered by the millitary, so we cannot afford to have money removed from our account. I have called your customer service and verbally requested to cancel all the subscriptions to all of the company's attached to the Library scam. and I have called my bank to make sure these companies are stopped and cannot remove any money from my account. Please process this termination immediately. thank You

Interesting! I can't find anyone on this site who actually tried working the business. Evidentaly, you all thought this was a lazy person's get-rich-quick with no effort scheme.

I guess the old saying is true, "Anything that looks or sounds too good to be true, usually is."

this type of advertising is false and ya it has terms and conditions but in all reality it is selling false hopes in the way that it should state that it will charge customers 80 dollars every month. It doesnt say this up front because it is a scam and i cant believe that google and the other tv networks back this *** up.

This type of advertivising is the type that preys on people who have lost all hope and need to make that income due to job loss or injuries.

The system is responsible to help these people get back on their feet not for *** companies to take advantage of these people when they need help. These who own this business are scavengers.

Thanks,

read all this stuff, cause anything that looks good is easy to check details on with Google, and so many people got mad with the Google Profit Library. It's like drugs in this country, the big chiefs ain't gonna do anything to stop it. Sorry for you folks who got stuck with that metal thing that's pointy and goes into wood if you twist it with a screwdriver.

All, I can say is shame on Goggle

Thanks,

I hate this i only fell for it because it was on fox news homepage and i thought it was not a scam i hadnt seen the small print at the bottom,luckly i canceled and didnt get the 79.90 charge.

Hi,

I fell for it on Oct 18, 2009 (Sunday)then read the Terms and conditions. The next day I spend half a day to make the separate phone calls and cancel the 'services' I gave permission to be enrolled, then cancelled the Credir card. So far I have encountered losses of $1.97 + $0.05 the credit card charges for international transaction and whatever nerve cells I had lost during the process.

For me beside fiiling *** was also educational.

Good luck to all of you who have read after the fact.

This thing continues. I have noticed many sites sponsored by AOL post a links to this SAME THING under different umbrellas.

call your bank and reported in that you have been scammed by google profit(this company has nothing to do with Google corporation) and you should tell the banker this scam google profit has deceived you and you need to close the account and reopen a new account so that they don't take your money withing 30 days. But make sure you need to take at least $200 to $400 for yourself before you do this annoying process because when bank close your account you need to wait 2 weeks to reopen a new account with brand new credit card.

(you have to mention about new credit card to a banker) Anyway, if you don't you will be starve to death for 2 weeks.

Don't ever get tempted by these *** post that steal thousands of people online. They will make $50 bucks from each person who is someone like you.

more than 200 people/month are deceived by google profit. google profit will make $50 times 200 people = $10,000/month google profit will be making. What an *** company.

But these scam can't be resolved by police department. you can complain to police department but they will say but you bought this product right? Did you get a CD you order. You have no choice but say yes.

then don't complain to police department because you had a will to order and you are deceived so it is your own fault. so you can't sue the company at all.

see? interesting and messed up situation right?

nything online post links that tell you you can make $5000/month is just a scam and ***. They want to deceive you by saying $5000/month instead of $10,000/month because $5000/month is more reasonable and it is more realistic number for you to believe that this works.

They don't say you only make $500/month either. then people will think that's not worth it to buy this product. Their goal is to make you believe in this *** so that they can be rich instead of you becoming a rich person. Especially in this bad economy why does Google want to send checks to outside instead of giving raise to the employee inside of Google company.

In fact, there is no more bonus this year in majority of big company such as Sony, Toshiba, and Cannon. It means there really is no money to send outside. So we need to be really careful about how we earn our money and spend our money. Think about reality.

One thing I can say is when Gold is cheap buy it and when economy is bad sell it then you can get 60 to 80% increase in profit. This is more realistic way of earning cash and based on our history that actually prove right.

this is called temptation everybody. whoever pissed off is the one's fault.

It is like some stranger talking to you and says you can take this Mona Lisa picture with you for free and you say thanks trying to take Mona Lisa with you but all the security guard comes and take that Mona Lisa picture and charge you with fine of taking that picture. King Solomon says look at the ants and learn from it.

They work hard during the summer season in order to survive the winter season by saving the food they collect from summer season. We human beings must work our *** hard. There is no such as free money by just posting some *** up. So work and save money instead of complaining you don't have money and say let's try something that is easy to make money.

Ants on the ground they know that if they don't work hard they can't survive so why can't we human beings know that? Think about it..We are not Bill Gate or a lottery winner man...

Did you also know that this Google Profit Library is from the West Indies and St Kitts and NOT from the US so they are not subject to do anything to help you! READ THE TERMS LINK ON THEIR SITE.

OMG!!

It make you liable for everything! :eek Fortunately I stopped all of it right there, I read the TERMS before giving any information!

THIS IS SUCH A *** WORLD.YOU CANT TRUST ANYONE OR ANYTHING. ALL THESE GIMICS ARE SO ***.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF THIS REALLY WORKED EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT AND KNOW ABOUT IT.

DONT EVER GIVE YOU CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO ANYONE. :(

SHAME, SHAME ON GOOGLE AND ANYONE SCAMMING PEOPLE, BUT ESPECIALLY THOSE OF US "DISABLED WORKERS"!!! PLEASE, NEVER, EVER GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR ANY MONEY FOR THAT MATTER, TO SOMEONE WHO OFFERS ANYTHING FOR "FREE"! HOW EVIL CAN THIS WORLD BE!

NO WONDER GOOGLE IS A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. GOOGLE WAS A REPUTABLE SORCE OF INFO FOR ME UNTIL YESTERDAY WHEN I REALIZED I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ALL BECAUSE I WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY AND GOOGLE WOULD HELP ME FOR $3.OO-IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS.

HOPEFULLY I CAN CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD BEFORE ANY MORE BOGUS CHARGES GO THROUGH. DO NOT BE SUCKED IN TO GOOGLE ADDS TO MAKE MONEY WITH ADSENSE. IT IS A GREAT HOAX ONLY MAKING GOOGLE MORE MONEY.

TWO $80 CHARGES AND LOTS OF $1.97 ETC HAVE BEEN CHARGED THRU MY CHECKING ACCOUNT IN THE LAST 48 HOURS. PLEASE BEWARE!

I was paronoid about the credit card if they were legit they would have other ways to pay that dont involve giving someone you dont know access to your money beware beware.

I started and saw the only way is to send them my credit card # and some personal information. these were enough to stop the process ;)

I was about to pay $1.97 for the shipping but not using my credit card. I found there was no other option to pay which was enough alarming satuation for me. While trying to find more about the Google Profit Library I came to know about this scam.

I true believe that easy earning is not in my religon

You are not the only one, I too fell for this 2 days ago..this morning I was on the phone with all the companies...ALL 6 of them,, that are listed on their terms and condition section.. some requires immediate cancellation so that you wont be charge,,,so look over those companies and call, call call,, get the names and the reference number to everything.

I would suggest you cancel your debit/credit card so that they won't put thru the charges even though you have talked to your bank.. I think this is the safest way. I called all the companies today and requested everyone, every company not send me ANYTHING,, and cancel my subscription immediately... but I don't trust these people,,they say that my subscription has been canceled but it wouldn't suprise me if they try to take more money out of my account or bill me for hundreds!!

so cancel your card,, and hopefully that would help. I am already getting calls this morning from an "AMY" --machine --saying that the call is important and for me to call them back regarding an online order that I made... ---so fustrated..but you have to call all these companies and cancel them all.. all 6 of them or so.

good luck and stand strong. God will be with you.

View more comments (19)

Google Profit Library

Just contacted the FCC regarding this Google Profit library and Google Profits scam!! The website offers you a 7-day trial period and bills $1.97 to your credit card however, if you decide to cancel (I signed uptoday and tried to cancel today), you cannot get through to any of the numbers they give to you to cancel and you cannot reply back to the e-mails they send. They also give your credit card information to third party affiliates (Money Resources Center) who also start billing your credit card. Some of these charges are up to $79.99 per month!!! I immediately contacted my credit card comapny and advised them of this. Of course, they advised cancellation of my card. If you don't believe this, just test it. Go to www.googleprofitlibrary and see for your-self. It cost me $1.97 to go to the tutorial on each site (Google Profit Library & Google Profits). The terms and conditions are in the grey areas as well as phone numbers to call if you decide to cancel during the 7-day trial period but good luck getting through to anyone. I did finally reach customer service at Google Profit Library and was advised my order could not be cancelled until tomorrow (10/15/2009). Google should not even have these type of people using a portion of their name if they are not affiliatred with the company as it is misleading to people who believe Google is a good company. Tell all! Cassandra Cooper

Thanks,

Yep this is sad but true. This is a complete scam and they thankfully only charged my card $19.95 before I cancelled it.

They send you a link to a website that has other links and info. you can't access. When I called demanding they refund the unauthorized charge, they of course gave me the run-around. Now they call all day every day at odd hours telling me it is "imperative" that they speak with me.

Don't fall for this. These people harrass you up the *** and can't be trusted.

Thanks,

Same here. After waiting nearly thirty minutes and getting shuffled around.

I was told they would cancel my order in 7-10 business days. That was 12 days ago.

Thanks,

Please learn from my mistake and do not sign up for Google Profit Library. It is a scam.

I cancelled my subscription and was given a cancellation number. Two months in a row I have been billed the $79.97 and each time I have called and have been told there is no record of me cancelling.

Finally I have cancelled my credit card. Also the company support people keep referencing another company but no one seems to know what that other company is or does.

Thanks,

We have been charged two seperate amounts after having order the google adsense a year ago and then cancelling the credit card. Just started seeing new charges from ednamicapay, last month and this month, XM which I have no idea about.

All the information that I have read from above complaints had been very informative and hope that it might help me to get some favorable response.

Thanks,

This is a scam. They charged you 1.97 first and do not allow you to cancel and charge you more and more.

Each time I called they said my account does not exist yet my CC is charged. I email and my account does not exist either. They even said that the CC number put through was incorrect and no charges but the charges showed up on my CC. It's a scam.

Advise your CC company and dispute the charges. Big scam!!!

Thanks,

The website offers you a 7-day trial period and bills $1.97 to your credit card however, if you decide to cancel (I signed today and tried to cancel today), you cannot get through to any of the numbers they give to you to cancel and you cannot reply back to the e-mails they send.

They also give your credit card information to third party affiliates (Money Resources Center) who also start billing your credit card. Some of these charges are up to $79.99 per month!!!:cry

I immediately contacted my credit card company and advised them of this.

They advised cancellation of my card.

If you don't believe this, just go to www.googleprofitlibrary.com and see for your-self.

Till now (11/30/2009) I can’t reach Customer Service at Google Profit Library.

Google should not have these type of people using a portion of their name if they are not affiliated with

the company as it is misleading to people who believe Google is a nice company.

WINSTON also right you guys concern for your customers..my ***. you guys are horrible and karma will come back at you!

I agree with everyone on this page. *** scam.

not even that i called like a week ago to cancel this *** and they said they would call me back because the system is down. never did and got charged again. Then they wont refund me like it was my fault.

THESE people deserve to go to ***. To those who are goin to do this DONT!

OMG! How did I fall for this ***.

I went to the grocery store last night and couldn't even get groceries for 40.00. My account had been hit over Thanksgiving for more than 100.00!! I had to charge my groceries. I called today and here is what I found.

Profit Library gives your debit to several companies. One guy argued and said that I "clicked" a box when signing up that allowed my info to be shared. Last time I checked, when is it ok for affiliates to use your account number, maybe use me as a "lead" but to take my money? Grantline Professional, who I just happened to call....had me on file with a subscription I had to cancel...didn't know I had it.

Their number is 877-317-0193 and they had just charged me a 1.00 this morning under the name "moneysearch". Web Hosting is closed on weekends, but 8-12 EST (how convenient) at 888-228-8815. XM Brands charged me 77.83; don't know who they are or if I have a legitimate number and Google Profit Library is a BIG FAT LIAR, they are NOT open 7 days a week as the FAKE responder posted on this site; they are open M-F 8-12 EST....how convienent trying to cancel. I tried cancelling the next day when they started calling me and the girl said it was a different number I had to call; how did she know it?

mmmm.

I filed fraud with my bank, RIP OFF report.com and I will be calling the FTC tomorrow. The F*&# with the wrong one...especially since the fine print said I had 8 day trial and not 5.....contradicting isn't?

Thanks,

Sorry to say but I have already purches it.

But I'm glad to know now.

Thanks Guys!! :

:cry :cry

Thanks all of you for valuable suggestion, I was about to do the same mistake!!! :)

Ed Hardy and Winston Lewis who are you! And what the *** you mean inconvience your Customers!

You, Your Company out right decieved everyone with this Google Profit Library SCAM! I authorized ONLY a 3.00 dollar charge on 10/15/09 and the very next day 10/16/09 I had numerous charges hiting my credit card.

I've never received any thing or should information just charges and just reading both you guys coments makes me sick and very concern. I will persue revenues to expose your Google Profit Library and affiliates.

GOOGLE PROFIT LIBRARY IS A SCAMMMM!!!!! AND THEY HAVE MANY AFFILIATES THAT WILL SOON BE CHARGING YOUR CREDIT CARD MONTHLY!

IF YOU HAVENT BOUGHT IT.....

DONT DO IT! WISH I WOULD OF KNOW BEFORE HAND THAT IT WAS BULL ***

edhardy

Thanks,

I am so upset I fell for this. I entered my credit card number & recvd.

a error msg "that my card expires in 1 month". I entered another card number for the $1.00 limted time offer (they give you less than 4 minutes to complete the form) for the google cash success kit. And I recvd. another error message stating "we cannot accept your order, as you have already ordered from us or another similar product".

However, they have now sent me email with login information. They have charged me a activation fee $1.00 for 1 day free trial.

I did not did not access the link for the Quick profit kit or the 7-day trial identiy vault. Can anyone tell me if they will still charge me all those fees to my credit cards?

Hello!

Is anybody who tried the next day to cancel the payment made from VISA credit card, because my bank sad that they can’t cancel the payment, and I have to solve this situation with Google Profit Library?

You are not smart. You are an a**!!!!

This is to you are not smart.... get a grip.

He was a ***. You are acting like a small child!!!

you are not smart u can kiss off, he was a *** a called us names ..so u get a grip!!!

Does anyone know how to contact a company called edynamicpay.com also known as parkinglot.information.com which was associated with this google scam

I, too was scammed of this program. Wish I had known before hand. Cancelled my card and hope they don't *** into my bank account.

Dear Lisa,

I think even a small child could see that are you happy wasn't siding with these companies...you completely missed the point, but Im sure that happens to you a lot because (please see title) :sigh

Thank God I searched about profit library, I was also one keystroke from giving them my credit card. I always google everything before signing up for anything.

#3 at the time was are yoou happy, not to i know who you are referring to.Just want to clarify since we are *** idiots, gee what do you do ?..Hummm maybe answer phones in the customer service dept....so are you happy now!!!!

#5 at the time was the waaa waa waaa fool.Not you Puga

Response to reply from #3 and #5..

KISS MY A**!!!!!!!! Why are you one of the *** reps who answer the phone, because you can't find a REAL JOB. hahah

Whose laughing now....

I agree and the *** calling these victims crybabies has a shady job and lives with his mom....MOM MEATLOAF!!!!!!!!!!

I have a "real job" yet I cant understand why someone would think people are *** idiots for trying to find a way to make extra money from home during a nationwide recession. Customer service reps who work for a company that has hidden charges and scams desperate people out of money should get a real job. And "*** idiots" is redundant you ***.

hahahayou LOSERS: If you are so much better than us, what are you doing here on this site? Either you are one of them or you are one of us!

I just cancelled my debit card and asked for a new one. Wouldn't that work so they can't get any more money from me?

Do I need to do anything else? Let me know your thoughts on this please.

WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAA. What a bunch of cry babies.

Suck it up and take the charges. You are the *** idiots who agreed to terms of service advising you of ALL of the charges and affiliate companies. So it YOUR fault and noone elses. So shut up.

And you people should learn to have some respect for the poor customer service reps at these companies.

It is not their fault you are desperate losers who cannot find a real job. :cry :grin

I spent 45 min on hold yesterday to cancle this and filled out the xmorders.com/vct the let me know it was done never got the conf # and now got billed. I also cancelled the other two and I am still getting calls.

When I let them know its all been cancelled they just say okay and hang up. :(

:eek Glad you all shared your experience. I was one keystroke away from putting in my bank card number when 'something' spoke warning in my head.

I backed out of that signup site, went to my browser and typed in profit library to see if comments came up. You did, loud and clear and I thank you.

I can't believe I fell for this as well! I think it was the Google name which I agree that it needs to be removed if they are not affiliated with Google.

I have gotten a hold of all the numbers except DreamPro. Hopefully I can get a hold of them tomorrow. :( The confusing thing is I didn't get an email from DreamPro or GrantLine so I wasn't sure I was signed up with them, but when I called they had my information. Very irritating!

Call these numbers for cancellation:

xm-labs: 888-255-1137

Profit Library: 800-440-4397 (they will take you to this website: xmorders.com/vct and you have to fill it out all lower case.

DreamPro: 888-228-8815

GrantLine: 877-317-0193 (took me less than a minute on the phone with them)

Home Base Advantage: 866-575-3991 or you can go to myinternetorder.com, login, and cancel online.

I'm still watching my account to make sure no funny business happens. I was supposed to get a confirmation# through my email, but haven't received it yet from Profit Library. :( This is too much of a pain!

Wow! I am so relieved I researched this before commiting myself to it.

I am a house wife and mother of four and was looking for away to help my husband bring income into the house. What better way than on the internet where I can stay home and still be with my family. Its too bad it wasn't real.

Thanks to all of you that posted...I was just getting ready to summit my credit card info when I decided to research. Please let us know if you find any sure fire deals of working from home.

If you want to cancel please call this number 18004404397, it works. :roll

Does Channel 14 news in New York even exist?? Maybe a starting point if it does... :x

I can't beleive I fell for this. AFTER signing up for this, I did a search which lead me to this site.

I was sick! I immediately called XM-labs to cancel the order (within 30 minutes of placing original order). I was given a confirmation number, but I still did not feel comfortable. So I called my credit card company and cancelled the card.

To my surprise the next morning (after cancelling) I received a call from XM-Labs to confirm my order information was accurate (AZ phone number) and I told him I cancelled it and asked if he need the confirmation number. He said he didn't and told me to have a good day. Since I cancelled the order/payment, why did he even call me the following day???

I am glad I went ahead and cancelled my card!!! Thanks to all of the comments everyone has posted.

Well now my account has been charged 79.97 from EDYNAMICA.com, tried to conatct them with no answer just a machine. Now another charge came thru for 39.99 from Online Business Kit!

I'm so pissed right now, going to the bank to cancel my card. They just got away with taking over $100 out of my account.

Was charged $79.97 by EDYNAMICAPAY.COM, apparently they are another "hidden" vendor. After 45 minutes on hold finally reached a human being that instructed me the fee was non-refundable and that the "5-day trial period" starts on the day you order, so when I called to cancel today, thinking it was the 5th day, I was told they considered today the 6th day.

Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that was confidential information, asked for the name of the parent company or their legal department and was told it was confidential.

Demanded a refund and the lady told me "NO", but feel free to file a complaint, we're in Panama so it won't go anywhere. Asked for supervisor again, CS Rep laughed and then hung up on me.

thanks for the info everybody. i dont know how i would have figured out to cancel all this alone. hopefully their are no problems and it just cancles and dosnt try to charge later!

:sigh Here another person that fell for it. Called them, on phone for 1.5 hours! Said it is cancelled now. Got emails from other companies I tried to unsubscribe from. In between I went to my bank and cancelled my card AND my bankaccount! Bank said they can't charge anymore. On way home got a call from another center I " subscribed" to. He couldn't cancel it, cause that was not his job. Gave me a phonenumber.Sure another hour on the phone??????? Frustrating.

What can we do about these people??????

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Silly

The dream line number that was given doesnt seem to be working!!! I keep getting "the call cannot be competed as dialed, please check the number and dial again, or call your operator to help you, this is a recording".

umm what the ***... called the other numbers, they worked fine, csr's were very nice about it and canceled the charges with no fuss. but this number doesnt seem to be working. anyone have any idea what to do about dream line pro charges?

"Cancel 14 day google trail - 1-888-228-8815 M-F 9AM-8PM EST -- dreampro"

I ordered this on the 14th and the charge of $79.97 is pending today....called 866-319-5920 and she said she would cancel and reverse the charge.

What are the chances???

someone please punch me in the face for being so ***. this is what studying+procastinating+boredom does to you :cry

i signed up and now I have had 4 charges to my account and they said they cancelled and still keep charging. My bank said that even if I get a new card they can still find out and charge the new card. HOW DO I STOP THIS?????

my daughter just signed up, and i decided to check it out.

thank you all for your insight and advice.

Jennifer

After trying the number several times and getting busy signal or getting disconnected, I finally got through but was on hold for 20+ minutes. I finally got to talk to someone about cancelling my subscription. Marvin Gomez told me to go to www.xmorders.com/vct

He said to enter all of the information in lowercase letters (no other puncutation) and for your signature at the bottom type your name without any spaces. He said this would cancel the subscription, but I'd be charged for the $1.97 still. I asked him if this was their way of signing me up for another scam. He said, no it is cancelling your sub. He said I'd get an email within 24-48 hours for confirmation. I saved the screen shots just in case.

Make sure you call and cancel the other BS that they signed you up for.

Grant Line Pro (GLP) 877-317-0193

DreamPro 888-228-8815

Home Base Advantage 866-575-3991

Make sure you get comfirmation #s for your cancellations. I can't get through to DreamPro yet, but sent an email. I will keep trying.

My cc company said even if they cancel my account and issue a new card, it is still the same account. And any recurring charges would still go through. So, you'd have to cancel the card and apply for a new card. My cc said just to dispute it when they go through.

When I signed up for this ***, it didn't have any terms and conditions like some of the other sites did. And it said nothing about receivnig all of these trials. That showed up after I clicked submit.

I don't usually fall for scams, but this one seemed legite since it said google and it was on cnn. I just thought it seemed like a good deal to make a few extra bucks. Luckily I don't need it. I feel bad for the people who do really need the $$ since they're going to be charged so much more $$.

Hopefully what I just did is not another scam. I will try to post back if I get the confirmation email.

These people are sick. There has to be something that can be done about it.

Sorry if this makes no sense...I'm so pissed right now and just typing like a mad woman.

Vigilance is the most effective weapon when you do online transactions.

If work hard to get $25 an hour in a tech company there should be no way this Google Library is for real!

As the saying goes...there is no shortcut to success...

NOYNOY FOR PRESIDENT. :)

what number can I call to cancel?

christina

I am a recently divorced single mother of three trying to make a great life for my kids. Wasn't planning on giving up my job for this, but thought it would be a great opportunity to make some extra money.

Thank GOD i decided to research it before i gave all my information. Again, i agree Google should check into this, because it could cause extra stress on people andfamilies who are already going through tough times as it is!!!

Me, too! I was just about to enter my credit card and decided to "google" them first. I also found that clicking on all the links take you right to the same article.

:) Thank you SO MUCH I was literally entering my credit card when I, well, googled the profit library... read this and another posting and realized that on the "newspaper" website I had found the intial links on every link (sports, news, financial etc..) went to the google profits website. A scam indeed, steer clear!

Eveyone cal the FCC!!!!

I can't believe I fell for this!!! Who all can we contact about this bogus BS??

I called and canceled by card.

:( It is so sad that people are taking advantage of people who are just trying to make ends meet. Unbelievable.

Just wanted eveyone to know, I just got through to there bogus number and handed the guy is a**!!!! I told him if he ever charges ANYTHING to my card I will OWN their company.His response the $1.97 is non refundable and my *** is on its way. I said loose my credit card number and told him to f off and hung up on him....

:) Thank you so much for sharing your experience! My Dad (who is very level-headed) sent me a link through The Washington Post to an article about a woman making $77/hour using the Google Profit Library.

He is very wary of get-rich-quick stuff but thought since this was associated with Google, that it would be something real. Thanks to you, I looked carefully at the GPL website and saw at the bottom in tiny letters that this is NOT affiliated with Google.

What a rip-off and you are right, Google should not let their name be used. Thanks again for saving me lots of $$ and hassle!

Thank you for this article. I was about to sign up myself, and decided to "google" the program when your blog popped up. Thank you for saving me a huge headache.

More people need to share their experience and get their doors shutdown and fined!

I got ripped too... The only reason I signed up is because I have aol, and when you log on the news pops up.

It has this woman pictured claiming she makes $5,500 a month.

Even showing a copy of the check from "GOOGLE"... So I went on the websites which are Google Profit Library, and Google Profit, for a $1.97 I received NOTHING!!!!!!

They are using googles name without google's permission and yeah it is a scam. You got ripped off.

Thank you for taking the time to advise. I hope it will save a few other fellow human beings by being ripped off in their obvious time of need.

Thanks again!11 :)

View more comments (70)

Google Profit Library

I am very pissed!!! Everyone needs to know that Google is misleading the public by carrying an add that is misleading for online work from home. The company is Google Profit Library, Google Profits and Money Resource Center. This is a scam!!!! You cannot cancel the 7-day trial which is offered because no one answers the cancellation customer service lines and you cannot respond back to any e-mails they send regarding confirmation. the only thing you can do is cancel your credit card with your credit card company before these scammers start billing a monthly fee which ranges from $7.95-79.95!!! Then, other companies will contact you and 'already' have your credit card information!! This is advertised on Google if you type in work from home. the add makes it seem as though this has been advertised in reputable magazines and even 'as seen on CNN'. Please help get theses people out of business and shame on Google for letting them use a portion of their name, affiliated or not.
#205766

Dumb yank ***. Serves you right, you retards!!

Thanks,

Nothing is free and if it sounds too good to be true. Don't be dumb.

It is YOUR responsibility to read before you buy. Oh and you won't get your money back with your bank cause you accepted the terms and conditions and your stupidity lost you money

#102013

I was another fool they ripped off. Promised me a refund twice and still havenot received anything.

My bank tried to get the refund and are still trying. Google should take care of these crooks and get our money back

If this is so profitable for them, why are they DOING THIS????

All I ever saw on their misleading page was that I was buying pdf files for $1. Sounds reasonable for something that doesn't cost them any more to make one of than it costs them to make a million of...

I NEVER saw anything on the page that had anything to do with any SUBSCRIPTION.

When I saw the $80 fee on my Wachovia statement, I called them right away. After all, they promise to protect their customers. (HAHAHAHAHAHA!) They managed to get the company on the telephone to CANCEL, but they WOULD NOT REFUND the $80 stolen from me.

Because Wachovia would not stand up for me, their customer, against these *** artists, I concluded that they were part of the problem. Rather than team up with their customer against this dishonest behavior, they actually help breed more of it because no one stands up against the dishonesty.

So, I've closed my Wachovia accounts, ones that I've had for more than a decade. I see how it is. They're a monolith that wants nothing to do with what's RIGHT and they do not care for their customers.

Thanks,

Thanks for noting yet again more people making money by cheating and lying. I'am so happy that people post things that gives more truth than scam.

Thanks so much for putting this infomation out. It's a shame in these days Crooks are trying to bring us down. Somebody need to remove these Crooks from the websites ect.I hope they get what they deserve.

Thanks,

What does it take for the most profitable company in the world to stop these fraudulent charlatans from using their trademark Google name in their bogus ads.? Can some one at GOOGLE read these complaints???

Take appropriate actions?

It is really sad Google is letting so many people suffer.

Charles M

Charles

I too fell for this and have been trying to cancel not only the original "subscription" but also all the additional charges that were lost somewhere in the fine print. I have talked to representatives twice who assured me they were cancelling, but am again on hold, as I have been charged yet again.

, this is my second attempt today. On my first call, after a wait of approximately 7 minutes, the line went dead and was eventually disconnected.

This is a predatory business practice, aimed at bilking the very people who most need the help in bad economic times. While it is technically legal, it is most certainly immoral, and a company such as Google should be more careful that its name not be besmirched.

Thanks,

Scam. I can't believe I felt for this also.

I too subcribed to this scam. I then tried to cancel but each time they said my acccount does not exist. I emailed and the same answer. My CC was charged 1.99 and I am sure more charges will follow.

I informed my CC and cancelled my CC. I reported this scam to the FTC and I ask that you all do the same to get rid of these people. FTC number is 1-877-382-4357.

You can also got to www.consumeraction.gov and file other complaints. If the FTC get enough complaints they will go after these crooks.

#92039

If you want to find a legitimate business on the internet uou have to come to canada for that.try Kyle and Carson,you will not be disappointed.You will find out from them that there is no easy way to make money on the internet but there is a way.

#92025

Some people are having trouble cancelling

Google Profit Library,try calling

1-800-440-4397 I called there on Thursday

and got through with no problem,I called again today to make sure that they were going to send me a email confirming that I did cancel.

thanks so much for being so informative i am a 23 single mother looking for extra cash for bills and i would have been so hurt if i hadnt came across this website thanks so much :)

:( :cry thanks for the info. I won't even go any futher.

thelma

Thanks,

I was refered to site and it did have the indorsements of Cnn, USweekly etc... I am upset I had to cancel my card and close account.

It took numerous times trying to reach Google Profit Library person when I did both Grantline and elite packing gave me confirmation numbers upon me canceling I was told 5-10 business days and til this day I have yet to see these charges reversed back to my account. I have reported them to Internet Crime Prevention, and San Jose Better Business Breau, and the Office of Attorney General. I have since been trying to have a or any News investigation to bring this scam to light and maybe then Google will do something about this company using their name passing as liget when it is not! I dont see how a 3.00 dollar purchase turned into almost 500.00 dollars in charges to my account.

I received a call from them and when I told him I had canceled he ask me how and what number did I use....

also Dreampro.net/cancel dose not exist either. This Google Profit Library Need to be bought to light in way of television.

I wish Google would do something about that too they def seem legit.so i did some research and came across this page.thank you guys for saving me much money and time by not getting involved in the "google Profit Library"---SCAM---

goggle profit library is a scam. I used my debit card for transaction and got charge $79.97 from website at panama.

Had to cancel card and file a dispute from my bank. Wish there is one way to get into them bastards!

I can't believe I fell for this! Luckily they only got the $1.97 from me. I'm closing my account today, so they won't be able to withdraw any more funds.In the meantime, I'm still trying to get through to someone to cancel.

I WAS WAITING ON A DEPOSIT TO ACTUALLY ORDER MY PROTIT LIBRARY, NEEDING MONEY TO PAY MY BILLS AND AFTER READING ALL THE COMMENTS POSTED I THANK JESUS FOR ALL OF YOU. IT SEEMS THAT THE WEBSITE TO ORDER PROFIT LIBRAY CUT-OFF THE ABILITY TO PLACE A COMMENT.

Once again I have fallen for something...people sure do know how to kick a person when they are down. Trying to better my situation...saw that GOOGLE was attached and thought it legit.

In the process of trying to reconcile everything with my bank before it goes too far. Damage has been done though. We can all thank the Nigerians...for those of you that dont know it...they are behind about 85% of the fraud that goes on thru the internet, especially Craigslist.

I feel foolish and hope everyone else that falls for this *** makes out good. Go to work and hope it pays the bills, that is the only hope we have these days.

I was scam with this work at home job I pay and when I try to cancel,I could not get noone on number they gave,they gave me this ad about downloading some kit that didnt make no sence.if anyone know how to cancel leave a number,I am really worry because they have my cedit card number,but if I get charge I will call my creditors and inform this scam. :cry :(

I signed up for Profit Library with Google without seeing the fine print. I have spent at least an hour cancelling the spin offs which were Grantline Professional and Business Advantage Kit.

They both spoke great English and were polite and professional giving confirmation numbers.

As for Profit Library with Google, no such luck. The first young lady kept giving me a website which led me to here and the second one said the system was down and to call back tomorrow. Do you think I should cancel my CC today because of what this one might do? I am glad that I did find this info but am sick of being used by this people.

We need to find a way to shut all this scammers down, particularly the ones using Googles name. Any thoughts?

just signed up for this google thing it is not even affilated with google. like a iddiot after signing up.

saw this really small print at the bottom of the page that i had also signed up for 2 other free trials. Bad thing is that I used my debit card. so I will be at the bank closing my account. I was able to cancel 2 of the free trials with no problem.

but profit library and dreampro you can not a live person on the phone. buyers beware.

My husband was introduced to this site by a collegue and she says it DOES indeed work. So I was just ready to do it!

Her husband and her DO get monthly checks. So I am really confused.

This is coming from someone that knows my husband and would not decieve us. I really don't know what to do now!

Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you. I'm *** well old enough to not have fallen for this, but I *** near did -- specifically because of the name 'Google' being attached to it.

Thank God I read the fine print, the full contract and finally thought, [[after filling out the form -- ***! -- but before submitting it -- lucky ***!]], "Hmmm...maybe I should 'Google' this and see if it's a scam."

i was just about to put my card number in there wow glad i didnt! thanx for the info!!! :grin

"Cancel 14 day google trail - 1-888-228-8815 M-F 9AM-8PM EST -- dreampro"

Thanks for sharing this information! :)

I am so glad that I looked this up,as well as looking up Online cash success kit. It seems they are both scams and everyone should contact all goverment agency's that may be able to help.

Last December I got caught up in something like this is was for some kind of pill for $1.95 for shipping then I could cancel but they closed there e-mail address and NO ONE ever answered the phone it took me util this July to get it straighted out I had to cancel my credit card,I also wrote to the attorney general of Florida, this was the worst nightmare I have had in my 71 years.

why didnt i check this before i just hit accept! ***!

what i do now?!?! :| cant believe i made sucha juvenile error!

I knew this was to good to be true..I'm very glad I checked it out first !!

:zzz

just saved me from a world of ***.. thx

Thanks for the info. I had just read the article on the Gazette page and thought wow it is even on the news.

It must work! Then when I seen they wanted my card number I got suspicious and read to the bottom that said I got a trial period for $1.95 that really got my attention.

Good thing I "googled" it and see it is a scam! Thanks

I am sending a copy of the obvious scam ads to my congressman along with federal level consumer protection agencies. Ironically the local regulatory agencies will go the distance to keep a small business such as selling hot dogs off the street, and spend little time or effort bringing so blatant an example of internet fraud suach as this to justice.

Everyone who sees the ads should copy them and forward them on to their senate office and the consumer protection agencies. Eventually we get lucky and someone pays attention.

That's why the first thing I did was run a Google search on the term "Google Profit Library" and found all this great info on what a big scam this was.

Good job that everyone shared this so maybe you saved a lot of others from getting scammed too. Thanks!! :)

Thank you very much for informing the public - me...that this is a scam and that in the future they will continue to charge my credit card.

Look before you leap

that new york gazette magazine site is fake.. anything you click on goes straight to the "GOOGLE PROFITS" ***.

Interesting, because this is what I just read an article on fromt he ney York Gazette and it is stating people really are making money from this, and it is not a scam. As of 10/14/09... who is telling the truth anymore??

but if u go to www.moviefone.com,(where i was browsing movies)there's a sponsored link down the side on the left for the site "google profit library" when u click on that...it does say GOOGLE all over it! tricky and misleading...

View more comments (46)
Review

Google review in Syracuse, New York: PISSED AS H_LL!

I signed up for the work at home google scam never recieve password for the profitstudiolearning website and never recieved confirmation of cancellation. I am pissed off. I paid $1.97 with my credit card. Something needs to be done scammers are getting rich off of our money and we are struggling to find work at any means possible. I to find out that we are being scammed. If anyone know how I can get my money back and what I can do to help others please inform me of it I am willing to help stop this scam. IIII AAAAMMMMM PPPPPPIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

They got me too. I called my bank and told them that I did not authorize any charges except for the 1.95 shipping fee.

That was what was stated in their advertising...free disc, pay only for shipping which was 1.95. I am still waiting for a credit to go through.

I feel your pain... :sigh

Loss

Google Business/Treasure Chest/Safetylock ID/Master Grants

Google Business along with all the Internet based companies listed in this title are nothing but Internet thieves. I was victimized by them and did not catch them at what they were doing until there had been three unauthorized withdrawals from my account. Thankfully I did catch them before the second month's worth of withdrawals started. Still I have just learned a $140 lesson the hard way. Surprisingly enough, I found out from my bank that just cancelling my debit/credit card is not enough. Apparently these companies have ways of getting around cancelled cards and being able to charge the new card once it is issued. What I ended up doing was filing a fraud report with my bank so that they could not only cancel the card but put a complete block on it just as if it were stolen. In reality it was stolen in cybersapce. If you are victimized by these companies, do not be afraid to report, report, report. I have already been in contact with my financial institution, filed a claim with the FTC (https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/) and am in the process of filing one with my State's Attorney General's Office. I urge everyone to do the same. Do not be ashamed or embarassed about being ripped off. These folks are pros and know exactly which buttons to push and how to get away with stealing from you.
Product
Google Account

Google Inc, Google Base, Janna Salinas, Ioannis Kalafatis, Weiying Li, Chris Azalde Google's Bad Inc

I am a disabled individual and own an online store which I depend on for my livelihood. My livelihood is now threatened, and I am looking at my server being shut off, my business being destroyed, being unable to pay my business rent, and ultimately being homeless as a result of Google's extremely bad customer service (no customer service phone number, hidden contact form, employees who don't read emails and instead copy and paste replies that don't address the issue, oftentimes they don't even respond to customers) and false libelous statements made by Google's Google Base support team. As a small business, I must rely on Google Product Search for customers to find my items because the large shopping comparison engines are out of the price range of all but the largest stores. I had been submitting data feeds for my store to Google Base since its inception without problems until last week without problems. Last week I started receiving "failed messages". Google doesn't provide a customer service phone number and keeps its contact form well hidden. After opening a ticket via their contact form it can be days before they reply - oftentimes they simply ignore customer tickets and never reply. Google knows that they have a virtual monopoly on search and that businesses need to appear on Google to survive and thus Google has decided to turn the normal customer relationship upside down: at Google the customer isn't always right...no, instead Google expects customers to bow down and worship at its feet and never express any complaints about its abysmally awful customer service and business practices. Two days after opening a ticket I received a reply (signed anonymously "The Google Base Team" -Google apparently likes to operate under a veil of anonymity and its customer service emails aren't even signed with a human's name). The reply stated: QUOTE-"Thank you for your email. While reviewing your data feed we noticed that your site isn't compliant with our Program Policies. We have therefore disabled your Google Base account. You must own any products that you submit to Google Base and ship these products directly to the buyer. We aren't accepting sites which sell products on commission, including, but not limited to: - Affiliate sites - Readymade 'wholesale' or 'drop ship' sites" - Comparison shopping sites-END QUOTE My busieness hasn't violated any of the policies Google listed in its copy and paste reply which I know is a copy and paste because here are dozens of reports on the Internet from people who have also been falsely accused by Google of violating the same policy My business does own and ship the products we list on our site. We are not an affiliate site and there are absolutely no affiliate links on our site. We are not a readymade wholesale or dropship site. We are not a comparison site. When I replied to "Google Base Team" to tell them that we do not engage in any of the practices they cited and thus are not in violation of any policy, I received this response: QUOTE-"Thank you for your email. Currently, we're unable to accept products sold through commission or multi-level marketing programs. This includes sellers who sell products through an affiliate marketing relationship, sellers who drop ship orders through third-party wholesalers, and independent distributors who sell goods offered within a cataloged marketing program-END QUOTE Surprise, surprise, once again, Google's customer service had falsely accused my business of violating policies and engaging in business practices which we do not do. I think I know how my business operates better than the outsourced customer service reps at Google who never even visited my site before copying and pasting their inane replies. We have never sold any products through commission. We have never taken part in, or sold any products through multi-level marketing programs. We do not sell through affiliate marketing relationships, or third party wholesalers, or cataloged marketing programs. When I emailed Google that they were incorrect and my business is not engaging in the business practices they cited I didn't even receive a reply from them As a result of Google's customer service staff's incompetence and their false assertion that I had violated the policies of their terms of service, traffic to my website and sales have virtually dried up and I am looking at being forced to close my business and being left without an income. Message to Google- terms of service are legally binding upon both parties not just one. I did not violate the sections of the Google Base that your staff falsely accused me of violating. My business does not engage in the practices your incompetent customer service staff accused me of violating. I can prove that my business doesn't engage in any of the practices your customer service falsely accused me of and I am prepared to go to court to prove that your customer service staff's false and libelous accusations about my business are wrong. Are you proud of yourselves Google for destroying a business with false accusations and putting a disabled individual on the edge of homelessness? Your competitors provide customer service phone numbers and don't treat their customers like pond ***. Eventually your customer service failings will catch up with you as enough people voice disgust and take their business elsewhere. Contrary to Google's belief, customers deserve to be treated with respect.
Service
Google Email Service

Beware of Google ATM-You're the ATM!

You guys were kind enough to allow me a forum to vent about being duped by Google work-at-home, Google ATM,Profit Learning Studio, or the 11 other names they call themselves. What concerns me is the link I found to the very left of your home page with a story of how the narrator's mother was also duped out of $3,500, her life savings. He stated she lost it in another work-at-home scheme. He went on to endorse two other systems, one of them being the very same I had just registered a complaint about, and gave it the highest rating.I'm now out of both $1.95 and a second fee of $69.90 just a week later when it was supposed to be deducted every month. I want your other subscribers to be aware of this scam camouflaged under the Google name; this service is not usable, it doesn't exist, and having that link near your page looks very bad for your image.

I agree with you mary. If many more consumers would take this approach and mean it this *** would stop.

I received a call this am from someone that informed me that I had signed up for Google ATM, when I told them I didn't know anything about what they were talking about and starting questioning where they got my infor. and who were they, they quickly hung up on me.

I also looked they up on the internet under 'google ATM' and found a phone number 800-929-0228, of course they denied calling me.

All I told them was, if there was any charge on my credit cards they would hear from me and I would find a physical address for them. Everybody lives someplace.

Actually,I don't agree with you!

First of all, ALL WORK AT HOME OFFERS ARE SCAMS, GET IT? There is no such thing as a work-at-home offer that works.

Start your own business or get out and get a job. Second, the ads that appear on websites like this are generated automatically, the website itself has no control over them.

View more comments (3)
Review
Larry Page - Founder Of Google Scamming People? Larry Page Founder Of Google - Scam Artist? The owners of Google ruined my life! Larry Page claims that Google's job is to provide the most relevant content on the search engines. This is 100% not true because he...

Roger Labbe, tell us it worked, eh?

View more comments
Loss

Google Revenue Streams product not received, false advertising, unauthorized debit

A week ago I authorized $2.17 shipping for a "free CD" about making money with Google. Nowhere did the offer mention "free trial" or any obligation or ongoing payments. I never received the CD or a password for online information. Four days ago when a pending debit for $49.95 showed up on my bank account, I immediately emailed the Google Revenue Streams support people to cancel. The email bounced back as undeliverable; the debit went through. I'm out $49.95 plus $2.17 shipping but have never received anything from these people. All I can think of to do is file a written report at my bank to dispute the two debits, then cancel my debit card and get a new one so my bank account will not be hit again. Thanks in advance to anyone with advice to offer.
Product