1.2
Style and Design

Update by user Aug 01

Picked up the phone from service center 7/26. It appears to be fixed, they had the phone since 6/6.

I hav now receiv d any response from Google since sending a letter tobthebCEO. Since the original pixel was purchased 12/16 there was a tilt all of 5 monthes that the original and the replacement were useless.

Original review posted by user Jun 29

On Dec. 10, 2016 my husband purchased a Google Pixel phone on the internet from Google.

I wanted this phone for the excellent camera technology, as we were going to Antarctica in March.

Unfortunately, phone while very intuitive when working, has not performed well. Almost from the beginning there were inconsistent connections to WiFii. The phone became less reliable once we left on our trip and at the beginning of our expedition it stopped working completely, to the point where I could not even shut it off. While we were gone I emailed google support and followed all the instructions to attempt to get it working.

When I returned home in late March, I contacted Google support by email and phone and, eventually, was sent a replacement phone in April 2017.

The replacement phone worked fairly well for a year, though several times when traveling it could not connect with local WiFi. In April 2018 the phone itself became a problem. I could make calls, either the people I were calling could not hear me or I could not hear them. Increasingly, the phone would drop the call and the phone would automatically restart.

However, even when it would restart I could not make or receive calls. I did many live chats with Google support. A few times after I went through their drill with the phone it would work for a few days, but I was continually disappointed as it would revert to non performing. I spent many days without the use of the phone.

The final suggestion was to contact a local authorized service center. On June 6 I took the phone to an authorized contracted Google service center.

As of today June 29 the phone remains at the center not yet fixed. For the 18 months that I owned a pixel at least 4 and 1/2 months the phone has been useless.

Review about: Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Product was deeply flawed and customer service useless.

Comments